Roadster Cosmetic Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domct203

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure many will think this is a stupid question, and it's no big deal, but I just noticed that all the knobs on my Roadster are put on in a manner that the range is "off center". Instead of the range being from 7:00 to 5:00 it's more like 6:15 to 4:00. This would mean that "straight up flat" is at 11:00, or maybe not?

Believe me it makes no difference to me, and the amp sounds great right where I have it, who cares about where the knob indicates except for reference.

But... It's all of them so it makes me wonder if it is that way on purpose.
Maybe the taper of the pots are different and the 50% spot is not in the center of it's range and the knobs are reflecting this?

Maybe the "knob guy" was hung-over? :shock:

Who knows.

The Triple I had was more like 7:00 to 5:00.

I'm curious if anybody else has noticed this with their Roadster.

Also, has anyone else got one that looks like this? :
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=12404&highlight=

Dom

Thanks all,

Well, I guess that makes this Roadster, "MY Roadster" ! :D :D

Like I said earlier, I love the amp no matter what the dials say. I guess if I post settings I have to convert the scale though :shock:

Dom

Should be easy to fix. There's a screw that you can loosen, realign the knob and then tighten again.

123thefirst said:
Should be easy to fix. There's a screw that you can loosen, realign the knob and then tighten again.

Yea I know but it's no big deal. Besides that would require setting everything to zero and starting over again on all 4 channels (24 knobs).

I'd rather spend my time playing the amp.

I'm really interested to know if anyone else has that 3/4 diamond / 1/4 tolex face.

Dom

Latest posts

Back