Roadster Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhguitar1

Reaction score
Does a Roadster combo sound as good as the head? I am thinking of downsizing from the head and 4x12 to a combo.

jhguitar1 said:
Does a Roadster combo sound as good as the head? I am thinking of downsizing from the head and 4x12 to a combo.

If you really want to downsize, keep the head and downsize the 4x12 cab to a Roadster 2x12 cab. The Roadster 2x12 cab is slightly smaller then the Recto 2x12 cab.

It will be 1000 times easier to lug around then the combo. Your back with thank you!

The roadster combo weighs a ton and if I'm not mistaken, unlike the Roadking does not come with casters.

TFridgen said:
The Roadster does come with casters. I've had no problem carrying/wheeling it around.

I stand corrected!

In stores I have always seen the RoadKing combos with casters, but the Roadster combos never had casters.

I still believe keeping the head and smaller cab would be the way to go.

The Roadster combo can be closed back (or ported) as well so I don't think there will be a tone difference in the two.

I originally bought a combo and after a year traded it in for a head. The head sounds WAAAAAY better... and you can use any cab if the mood strikes you; a 4x12 or a 2x12.

Stick with the head and go for a Roadster or Recto cab.

your back and 'maybe' your ears will thank you.

In what way does the head sound better than the combo?
As always, thanks for the input.

I have a Roadster COmbo and also a Triple Rec and a couple of 4x12 cabs. My Roadster sounds better with the internal speaker unplugged and plugged to one of my 4x12 cabs. With the internal speakers plugged up you get a lot of rattles out of the rig.

Im in agreement. If you already have the head, just get a 2x12 cab. My combo weighs close to 100 lbs. Im in pretty good shape but that thing for its size is a ***** to move.

Latest posts

Back