Roadster Cleans

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...you can only say that the Roadster has the LSC merely by deductive reasoning.....but it is curious that Mesa never explicitly says it under the product description.

So one can say that part of the strip down was not only the progressive linkage, et' al, but also the full cleans from the LSC.

But I don't believe that, I just think that a different speaker and sealed cab makes a huge difference -- at least when comparing the combos.

JAZZGEAR said:
I just think that a different speaker and sealed cab makes a huge difference -- at least when comparing the combos.
Me too. I'm going to find out.

Enough of this nonsense! :roll:
When I called Mesa, they confirmed that (a) both roadster and road king share the cleans from Lone Star, and (b) Roadster is same as road king with the exception of Progressive Linkage. Not to mention this is exactly what it says on their website. So there! :roll:

Has anyone ever actually run a roadster through a open back C90 cab? If anyone has a shop with enough Boogies available it would be great if they would run this experiment.

Yesterday I ran the Roadster through a Roadking 4x12 switching back and forth with a Road King head and realized they are exactly the same.The only difference is speakers,Progressive link, etc. The combo Roadster with the V30 is where the difference is at. I also ran the Roadking head through a Traditional 4x12 and the cleans were EXACTLY the same as the Roadster through the 4x12(V-30).I also demoed the Lonestar back and forth in between sampling these amps.The ONLY way to have the Lonestar clean exactly is to have the Lonestar if you wanna get crazy critical.The Roadster has the exact same cleans as the Roadking through the same cabinetry. I was even switching on the Roadking 4x12 the different speaker configurations and with two C90s open back with the Roadster and got identical results with comparing the Roadking but not identical to the Lonestar(but super close) To me it really did'nt make a HUGE difference with my Roadster and the whole band playing, in fact I thought the cleans were great.In my opinion it comes down to the music you play , if you play in a band and if you play sitting in front of your amp.On another note the music store had a Ace 2x12 and I cranked it out. Man thats the best El-34 tone.Communication Breakdown just rolled of the fingers I'm still waiting on my head to get here about 3-4 more weeks..Hopefully my investigation has helped those inquiring minds!!!

I'm not a big el34 type player, I don't think I'll miss that. I doubt I'm going to be doing alot of speaker switching-won't miss that. On the gig, I will be ok with RKII/Roadster cleans-even if they are not as cool as the LSC. Verdict: Go back to GC. Pick up the Combo, and after a few weeks and a handful of gigs, if I don't love it, take it back, get a lonestar, and..shut up for while and play guitar.

Back