Roadster+ BB.preamp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cant play pool with a rop

Reaction score
Whats up boogies? I just got my BB preamp pedal and have been BBin' out. Superior pedal all around man. VERY transparent and natural feeling. It works wonders with the Tweed mode and is a great clean boost. It REALLY tightens up channels 3 and 4 properly.Awesome sustain that you can't get enough of. I also have a OCD thats been upgraded from a version 2 to version 3 and A/Bed them for a couple of hours. Verdict-- The BB seems to work well with every channel on every setting I forgot it was on and used my volume on the guitar to blend with channels. The OCD has more gain and is bassier.THe BB has plenty of gain but not as much and you can adjust the bass which is critical with a Recto 4x12. Dont get me wrong the OCD is a bad *** mofo especially with EL-34s and has awesome sustain also its just not as versatile and transparent.Check one out dudes you'll be instantly impressed.

I just bought one. Im waiting for it.

Boogiebabies will be here in a minute to talk about the BB.

I totally agree,,,I received my BB yesterday and have had enough time to compare it with the Ibanez ts-808 RI and the bad monkey people keep talking about. All of the pedals are very nice,, believe it or not the monkey is pretty nice,,especially for the $40 digitech wants,,,incredible. Although I believe the 808 is a superior pedal in tone even with that mid hump. The BB is in a whole different ballpark all together. Compared to the 808 the BB is Smoother and more transparent,, 2 tone controls, so no mid hump unless you want it,,more gain by far, higher available volume,, just as transparent if not more,, better harmonics,,and true bypass.. dont get me wrong,,Ive always liked the 808 and still do,,,but im very impressed with the BB. It seems like I have a third useable channel on my rectoverb now. Sounds just as good with my clean channel alone as it does if I use it to overdrive my channel 2 for leads

cant play pool with a rop said:
Whats up boogies? I just got my BB preamp pedal and have been BBin' out. Superior pedal all around man. VERY transparent and natural feeling. It works wonders with the Tweed mode and is a great clean boost. It REALLY tightens up channels 3 and 4 properly.Awesome sustain that you can't get enough of. I also have a OCD thats been upgraded from a version 2 to version 3 and A/Bed them for a couple of hours. Verdict-- The BB seems to work well with every channel on every setting I forgot it was on and used my volume on the guitar to blend with channels. The OCD has more gain and is bassier.THe BB has plenty of gain but not as much and you can adjust the bass which is critical with a Recto 4x12. Dont get me wrong the OCD is a bad *** mofo especially with EL-34s and has awesome sustain also its just not as versatile and transparent.Check one out dudes you'll be instantly impressed.

I just sent my TS9 off the keeley to have the mod plus done to it . I've been looking at the BB preamp . Suppose i may as well take the plunge .

Hey Robbie, I own a Rect-o-verb as well.
Were you able to get a good lead tone with the BB? on which Channels and what settings if you will?

yes you can get a nice lead tone with it,,thats what I use it for.. I use it with both channels. But I also have found that I enjoy using it with the clean channel by its self. It does have a nice tone. I Dont mean to hype this thing up too much. I dont care if anybody buys it or not and Im deffinatly not getting paid by xotic... A hint for you guys. Ive looked around the net and found a few places who carry these boutique pedals.. Most of them like to charge a restocking fee if you want to return them,,,even 25% in some cases.. Do yourself a favor and check this place out... they seemed to do me well and they refund you the money in full for up to 2 weeks..that was a major concern for me because it was a big chance ordering something I couldnt try first. they dont sell these pedals at GC. all this hype about these pedals and amps can be good and bad sometimes. good luck www.pedalspluseffectswarehouse.com

I had a long affair with a 1997 original Klon and I though it was the best boost there was until the BB. So far, my favorite RK II tone is from the CH. 2 Brit boosted with the BB. It turns it into a Stiletto !!! The BB itself has not found an amp it does not like either. Even boosting old MK's on the clean channel provides a huge fat Dumble like tone.

I told you Boogiebabies was gonna come in here. Hes the one who got me into the BB.

Hey Boogiebabies, I got the chrome one :D . It matches my Roadster Footswitch.

It should be getting it next week.

Latest posts

Back