Roadster- All in one Package?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Gaz sell all his amps?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

garylowe4

Reaction score
Hi, I was just considering buying the Roadster. The Mesa Website (or on here) describes the amp as having Lone Star Cleans (Fender?) and having Stelletto distortion with Higain Rectifier on channel 4. So, the plan is to sell my Fender Hotrod Deluxe, Marshall JTM 600 Head and cabs, Peavey XXX 1x2 and Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb 1x 12 to get an all in one package.

My question is, would this be a good idea, or would it be worth keeping all the individual amps? :?

Also, as i come from the UK, would any one know where i could purchase one from the US (there not out here until August)?

Thanks for yoiur help

Gaz

PS, great forum!

I voted no simply because you can't go down the street and try one out.

If it were me, and the Roadster could get all the tones that my Fender, Marshall, Peavey could get, I would sell them all but the ROV to get it. I would keep the ROV as a backup, or sell it too and get a DC-2 or DC-3 as a backup.

You may want to wait a few months to let the bugs get worked out. It seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through, and then receive an amp that may have been let out the door too early. Marketing is always 5 steps ahead of manufacturing. This places companies in a bit of trouble. They have made promises, but what if the transformer manufacturer can't keep up, or what if the speakers aren't ready?

I like to be the 100th in line for new products, not the 1st. I design and build smart homes and home theaters. We sell top of the line lighting control, but they just switched to a new processor and software a year or so ago. This caused all kinds of problems, lights turning themselves on automatically, lights that won't turn off, etc. Made us look like **** for several months until they got the bugs out of the hardware and the software. The marketing people got their paychecks, and the manufacturing guys got a severe beating while trying to keep up.

This happens to almost all manufacturers at one point or another.

All that being said, I'll probably be looking at one next year. :D I can feel the gas bubbling up right now.

Well... I could not vote different then yes!

I order mine about a month ago and i'm really looking forward. I hope the amp will sound good/great and i'm selling all my gear as well...
About the bugs. I do hope there are not a lot of them... none of them would be super. i havent thought that over and it made me feal a bit sick to know i can buy a brand new amp that isnt good!
Hopefully they will help me out!

Nocki

Hey Nocki,

Where did you purchase yours, and how much?

Thanks for all your replys, i may keep one amp- but which one! mmm...

Whats everyone going to do? Buy into the new Road King v2's etc?

Also, what are the main differences between the roadster and the Road King 2 x 12?

Thanks

Gaz

gaz

coda-music.com have the combo listed at £2159 and the head at £1975. haven't seen them listed anywhere else in the uk yet

Hi,

I'm buying mine in holland. it is listed for € 2995,- and all music stores offer 5% discharge.

I'm buying the Roadster and not the Roadking because i dont want the el34 tubes. I do mis the second fxloop though.

Nocki

Hi, good responce!

I was wondering if any one from the USA might, given a fee, send a Mesa Roadster over to the UK for me? :?:

It would just be a matter of picking it up from (probabily) guitar centre and sending it.

It would be appreceated!

Thanks

Gaz

Hi, i have a 240 to 110v converter that works fine. The only problem is that if i gig, then i'll have to carry that arroung too. Its a 300w one so there will not be any power shortage issues.

Gaz

Hi, i got mine from Maplins. They sell cheaper one but i didn't really want to risk damaging the 110v amp i have bought from the USA.

Hi, i reckoned on a Roadster because they are cheaper, but i have seen then second hand (version 1 Road King) for about the same amount.

Would you guys recommend a Road King? I want real nice cleans with great, heavy distortion- you know what i mean! :wink:

Thanks

Gaz

Latest posts

Back