Roadster 2x12 owners...help please

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty

Reaction score
I was at my local guitar centre today where I had bought my roadster a couple months ago and low and behold there was another sitting on the floor. noticed it has side handles...is this an option becasue mine doesn't have them..wish it did.

so I flip it around to the back and notice that the speaker line is plugged into the 16 ohm jack far left where as mine has always been plugged into the 8 ohm jack beside it...any one know which is correct?

manual says you can run either way but 8 ohm makes it a little darker sounding...not sure about this...ok so now here in lies another problem

I'm looking into a THD Hotplate and now I'm not sure which one I need
8 ohm or 16?

anyone using one with their roadster?

I use the 4ohm outlet for my 2x12 combo, as illustrated on this photo of the back panel.

RoadsterRearLG.jpg

If you have a volt meter that will measure resistance, unplug the speaker cable and measure the resistance between the tip and sleeve. Should be closer to 8 than 4 for an 8-ohm cab, below 4 for a 4-ohm cab and near 16 for a 16-ohm cab. This is the only surefire way to know and take the guess work out of it.

Its ok to run a lower output into a higher impedance (the 4-ohm out works into a 4, 8 or 16-ohm cab).

I'm with jbird, i'll bet 8-ohms is correct.

The manual states you can plug into any without damage, but increases tube wear with severe ohm mismatches.

I just got an email from mesa. The speakers are 16 ohm in parallel, so the load is 8 ohm. You were right

What about the side handles?? I wish mine had them. Are they now standard?

honestly the handles would be a nice feture to have as this thing weighs nearly 100 lbs. however I think it looks better without them IMO.

Back