Roadster 2x12 Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LithiumZero

Reaction score
I got this amp in early fall while my band was on hiatus. Last night we got together with a new drummer and I can't believe how great this amp was in a band setting! I've owned a ton of amps in the past 5 years and none of them have left me as satisfied as the Roadster. It was great combined with our lead player's Marshall as they don't compete for the same sonic real estate. Our sound was never as big sounding as it was last night. It also may be the first time that I have ever played for that long without turning any knobs :shock: I'm a notorious tweaker and usually catch a lot of crap about it but I set it up last night, tweaked for about 1 minute and never touched it again for the rest of the night. I have no desire to go back to a half stack and will be selling my Recto Traditional 4x12 right away. Absolutely no need for an extension cab with this amp!

Right !! I had a Roadster head and recto 4 x 12 cab. Loved it but was way too much to transport. Sold it. Bought a Roadster 2 x 12 combo, and love it. Portable , great sounding, and loud. I call that a trifecta!!! I am going to play the lottery tonight.

I thought the 2x12 combo would make a more portable solution too - then I rolled it out of the store and picked it up for the first time. I still love the amp but sometimes I wonder if my back would thank me more for making 2 seperate, but lighter, trips for a head and cab.

Yaaaaa you got to pump up to play the roadster combo. No girlie mon combo here. You con't have flabbie skinny biceps. This combo was made in Calie fornia not sissyville.................lol

I hear ya but the recto cab weight 100 plus pounds too. Plus I had the roadster half stack for primo gigs and a old ... ( gulp ) ...Crate tube combo for jams with freinds. Now i can sell the Crate and Bring my A game gear everytime.

I probably should not have mention the word crate on this forum....lol

LithiumZero said:
I got this amp in early fall while my band was on hiatus. Last night we got together with a new drummer and I can't believe how great this amp was in a band setting! I've owned a ton of amps in the past 5 years and none of them have left me as satisfied as the Roadster. It was great combined with our lead player's Marshall as they don't compete for the same sonic real estate. Our sound was never as big sounding as it was last night. It also may be the first time that I have ever played for that long without turning any knobs :shock: I'm a notorious tweaker and usually catch a lot of crap about it but I set it up last night, tweaked for about 1 minute and never touched it again for the rest of the night. I have no desire to go back to a half stack and will be selling my Recto Traditional 4x12 right away. Absolutely no need for an extension cab with this amp!

I told you that she was all that AND a bag of chips!...Glad you're loving the Roadster dude, I miss her so much!...BTW, everybody, this guy is a class act...Never be afraid to deal with him...Take care man.

The combo and a 4x12 recto cab are approximately the same weight (to my back anyway...maybe be a couple pounds in the difference). The only thing i like about not having the combo anymore is i don't mind wheeling the 4x12 across the parkinglot, not much to rattle around as compared to the combo.

Daxman73 said:
LithiumZero said:

I told you that she was all that AND a bag of chips!...Glad you're loving the Roadster dude, I miss her so much!...BTW, everybody, this guy is a class act...Never be afraid to deal with him...Take care man.

Thanks for the kind words Dax! The amp is indeed killer! It was definitely a pleasure doing business with you. I hope you can rejoin the Mesa family again soon!

Daxman73 said:
LithiumZero said:

Thanks for the kind words Dax! The amp is indeed killer! It was definitely a pleasure doing business with you. I hope you can rejoin the Mesa family again soon!

Daxman73 said:
LithiumZero said:

Latest posts

Back