Roadking users! and cab experts

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriz_batman

Reaction score
I was wondering is it possible to use a recto cab in speaker A of the rk head and have a Roadking cab in speaker B of rk head but here's where it gets tricky is it possible to use the parallel out on the recto cab into the A/B speaker in on the rk cab while having the speaker B from the head already plugged into the Speaker B of rk cab(c90)? sounds confusing.

so your saying you want to run speaker output a into your recto cab and daisy that to the v30 side of the road king cab? and then use speaker output b to just the c90 in the road king cab? if so i believe you can... maybe someone can chime in if you can't. i'm not sure if there would be an impedance mismatch or if it would hurt the amp in anyway.

thanks out of all the members on the boogie board you're the most helpful. But what is you're personal opinion of using the rk and recto can together? what kind of tone do you think i might get? i was thinking about using the recto for heavy styles and the rk for clean?

chriz_batman said:
thanks out of all the members on the boogie board you're the most helpful. But what is you're personal opinion of using the rk and recto can together? what kind of tone do you think i might get? i was thinking about using the recto for heavy styles and the rk for clean?

in general i like mixing both open and closed back cabs and especially mixing c90s and v30s. and open back gives cleans a very open, chimey sound and will add some width to a heavy channel. the closed back will add punch and a tight focused low end. try just using the road king cab, setting output a to go to the open back and b to go to the closed back and then experimenting from there. try each channel with the different cab settings (a, b, or a+b) and see what fits. you should be able to get all you need out of just the rk cab. if not i would recommend selling what you have and getting the rk 4x12 so you have 2 of each speaker.

thanks i will try that. But i was thinking of using a 2x12 recto with 2x12 rk cab. and mix matching the two. Also just to make sure that voltage is what make the sound/volume louder and not so much on number of speakers. I just don't want the two cabs to be too loud but rather fuller

chriz_batman said:
thanks i will try that. But i was thinking of using a 2x12 recto with 2x12 rk cab. and mix matching the two. Also just to make sure that voltage is what make the sound/volume louder and not so much on number of speakers. I just don't want the two cabs to be too loud but rather fuller

well the amount of speakers plays a big part in the amount of volume. as far as fuller i think 4x12s sound fuller because its a bigger box and they share the same baffle. if your looking for fuller i'd look into a rk 4x12 or even a standard recto 4x12. if you want to work with what you have run your cleans through the rk cab, and run your heavy stuff through both.

Latest posts

Back