Roadking -- Loose fuse...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riscchip

Reaction score
Greetings,

The fuse holder in my Roadking is very difficult to keep in place. The fuse is constantly popping loose whenever I move the amp, and it's really hard to get the fuse back in there. The holder keeps wanting to pop loose and I have to spend a few minutes fidding with it each time to get it back.

The fuse is not blown, just loose.

Anyone have a similar problem? Ideas for a solution?

Thanks!

Is it new? Are you the original owner, if not did you get the warranty transferred over to you?

If you answered "Yes" to any of the above questions, call Boogie or take it to a certified Mesa Boogie repair man.

If not, you may try to trouble shoot it yourself?? Is it just the cap, maybe you coudl try getting a new cap or taking it with you to a local music store and taking the cap off of a new amp and trying it and if it works then you may be lucky enough and the music store has extra caps laying around for $5........ if not, Boogie will have them.

If the cap isn't the problem, then it's looking like you may be going to a Mesa Boogie certified tech anyways.

Keep us posted!

THanks for your help, my friend. My appreciated.

I'm not exactly sure how a fuse holder works...there might be something obvious going on here that I'm missing, maybe someone can point it out. I will see about turning up a new cap for the fuse holder and give that a shot. One thing I noticed just now is that the little retaining tab that holds onto the fuse keeps getting a little bent when I put the fuse in. In order to get it to stay, I have to keep messing with the fuse holder cap, pushing twisting, trying again and again until it finally catches. Something in there appears to be bending the tab.

Such a silly issue, hehe, I'm hoping I can figure something out here. If not, Mesa Boogie is just 20 minutes away in the car, so I can't complain too much!

Thanks again!

edit: I'm not the original owner, and the amp is a 2001 model, so probably just out of warrantee. No biggie, this isn't a huge fix I'm sure. Boogie has already hooked me up with some parts for it very cheap and, as many of you probably know, they're very helpful folks. Tryin' to avoid bothering them if I can sort this out myself.

Latest posts

Back