RoadKing, How much gain?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lennyx

Reaction score
I have a TA now and I"m thinking of going to a RK, I hear ppl boost the RK and even JP does that, that sounds insane but when I use a DR in studio, I have the gain not far from max for a smooth lead.

I dont feel like tapdancing if i had to go to a lead sound, pressing delay/bost/ch' switch and what not all at same time

I have the RKII and I boost it with a Rocktron Nitro, Its a clean boost, I just boost it a little bit on my high gain channels, it tightens the amp up a bit. But the RKII seems to me that it has a little more usable gain than my triple rec did.

The Road King has more than enough gain for any type of music you play. People boost them for different "tonal" pallets. If you boost it with a Tubescreamer it brings the mid-range up and makes the bottom end tighter and takes out some of the "sizzle" (if you have a problem with sizzle).

The Road King and entire Rectifier line has enough "usable" gain for anything you want to throw at it.

Back