roadking cabinets... how do they sound?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konstantine RK

Reaction score
If anyone has one I would love to read some opinions on the cab. I have a roadking head and I am constantly trying to get good tone out of it. I have a rectifier 4x12 slant but I really want to know how the roadking cab is different in the dirty and clean channels.

thanks

Kon

I would like to know too. I am looking at the King Kab 2x12. Anything bigger would kill me. I like the idea of being able to switch speakers per channel.

Brighter and tighter, they're closer to the traditional Recto (stiletto) cabs than the Oversized. I find they react a bit quicker but they're also more direct. They sort of sound less modern in a way...

Sorry I can't be more help...

Brighter and tighter, they're closer to the traditional Recto (stiletto) cabs than the Oversized. I find they react a bit quicker but they're also more direct. They sort of sound less modern in a way...

Sorry I can't be more help...

I have a RK 4x12 straight cab and I really like it. It really lets you take full advantage of the RK's switching options with one cab. I've never owned an oversized recto cab so I can't compare it to that, but I do have a stiletto 4x12 cab. I loved the sound of the C90's and V30's mixed, so I ordered my stiletto cab with an x-pattern. To me the stiletto cab seems a little tighter. The RK 4x12 has a very huge sound to it with the 1/2 open back.

As far as tone goes, that's always going to come down to personal preference. I would say I generally use both sides of the cab together because I think the different speakers compliment each other very well, but it is alot of fun to experiment with the endless tonal options of using one side vs. the other.

Good luck!

Back