Road King slave out question.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok...I get you now...I guess I did misunderstand. If the MkIV is the one for you, go for it....an excellent amp...and of course, a Boogie.

As far as the variety of tones from the RK...my suggestion is to put some hours in tweaking. I spent about 40 hours working with the RK with no effects, just a guitar plugged right in. I was able to dial in VERY different tones from all 4 channels.

Admittedly, the RK is not for everyone, but I am convinced it is the most versitile amp I have ever heard, and also the best tones.

I do agree with you about the MkIV, it is one hell of an amp...I had to decide between it and the RK. If I were to ever get another amp, it would be a MkIV.

Bottom line is...you gotta do what you gotta do for YOUR tone. My setup is simple, very very few efffects....most true bypass...and all the absolute best I can afford. (and some I really couldn't). Most of my tone is fingers, guitar, and amp.

You know in your head which tone is right for you....you won't ever find it in someone else's suggestions. You obviously care a great deal about tone, or you wouldn't be posting here. You seem to have a good knowledge of what you want...so go find it...whatever it takes. If it means getting a MkIV, so be it. You've got the skills, ear, and drive....you'll get it...you'll know it....when you hear it.

Good luck...and good tone...

RB

Thanks for the help, I am just being pulled in so many directions.The RK is definately a kickass amp and even with it the way it is with no gain and all it is still a joy to play.It is like I can "feel" what I am playing rather than with a solid state/modeling amp where it just feels dead.

I guess the main issue is that I am more of a one tone kind of guy, and getting the amp that would give me that one tone and then money left over for a new guitar or maybe G-Major or something seems like the best thing to do.With my Spider 2 I actually always stayed with a couple presets even though it can do quite a few different tones, although they all just seem very mediocre at best.That amp really doesn't do well when playing with 2 guitars, it just clashes with the other guitar.

Thanks again for the help. :)

One last thing....you say "The RK is definately a kickass amp and even with it the way it is with no gain and all".

I have TONS of gain from mine...is it possible that something may be wrong with your amp? The RK is known for it's high gain sounds...I suggest you may wish to have it looked at by a tech before you scrap it.

RB

Yeah you must not have seen my other thread about my low gain problem.It needs to be sent to Nesa to be fixed because it doesn't have much gain.HappyStrat has the same problem with his.So I use it with an overdrve pedal as a boost for now and it sounds good.

Yeah, I saw that thread...just didn't realize it was you. I had a similar issue when I first got the RK....sent it to my authorized tech...he did the update...and perfect.

Good Luck

RB

Latest posts

Back