Road King Reverb Buzzing

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveythomas

Reaction score
Hello -

I have had my road king combo for a few weeks and I just started trying to dial in some reverb sounds but I get an annoying buzzing type sound on CH2.

I get it on CH1 as well but only for the first 6 to 10 seconds and then it seems to clear up. I know about the 1 - 3 second delay in the reverb when switching channels, but this buzzing seems not normal.

Is there a preamp tube that goes out to the reverb? Could this be the problem? I turn the reverb off and all is well.

I cant tell if it is on CH3 or CH4 as I am sending quite a bit of gain and any buzzing gets coverred up by the sweet distortion sound.

If you do think it could be a tube issue, which one is it? Can I get the schematics for my amp somewhere?

Thanks for the help

- davey

The reverb is op-amp driven, not tube. It is delayed to enter the mix as well. Check your cables and call Mesa customer support and tell them what it is doing. It may be a bad relay or sonething very simple. You have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting a Road King schematic. Even if you get one, it is an incredibly difficult circuit. The reverb is on its own PCB just below the 4 knobs. If it is a bad unit, Mesa could swap it out quickly. There are also know issued with the RK version 3. I have the RK version 4 and have not had any issues. Call mesa and get to customer support and have make sure you have your serial number. Then they can tell if you have an RK 3 or 4 and resolve the problem.

Latest posts

Back