Road king problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodut

Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally recieved my foot controller for my road king. There is something really wrong here. The sound bottoms out and can not even be heard if the reverb switch is not on. Also there is a noticeable delay when switching channels. My dual recto does not have any delay. I really worried about this, anyone know anything about this?
Thanks

I had a similar footswitch problem with the RK that Guitar Center loaned me while I was waiting for my new custom RK to be built. I never bothered to track down the problem since it was only a loaner.

Other people have had problems with the footswitch. Make sure that the cable is correct. Also, verify that the channel selection knob is set to "footswitch," of course.

I'm afraid I might have bad news- I finally received my RK I footswitch about a month ago (4 months after I bought the head)but there were a lot of problems with the footswitch engaged and most of those problems centered around the reverb function.

Took it to the local Boogie guy but he could not find the problem so the amp is on its way back to the factory. Who knows how long that is going to take.

On mine, the amp worked fine either without the footswitch plugged in or with the footswitch plugged in with reverb engaged. Once you disengaged the reverb using the footswitch, a multitude of problems ensued--the most noticeable of which was a decrease in volume and bottom end (figure that one out) on all 4 channels.

Hope yours tuns out better- it REALLY is a great, great amp when its firing on all eight cylinders.

That's a bummer.

It sounds like either the Switching Matrix, or the Power Supply for the switching matrix. Maybe a bad relay or ldr. Shouldn't be that hard to fix, but the RK has more switching matrix than any other amp that I know of.

Sometimes factory service is the best. If the local guy (doesn't mean he's a bad repair guy) can't fix it, send it back. Mesa is really good at taking care of their amps.

I have a couple of DC's and they are always happy to give me advice. These amps are at least 10 years old and Mesa will still talk to me about them. Try calling Marshall about a JCM, they won't even know what it is.

Latest posts

Back