Road King II or Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im just curious how long of a wait will you have when you order your amp? My dealer told me after I got my RKII that there is a 30-90 day waiting list for them now.

My order when in today, 12-18 and the RK II head should be here mid to late January.

In the meantime, I am really exploring one of the two amps left: Rivera Quiana Studio through my Mesa 2x12 vintage 30's - pure Blues Bliss !! 8)

I can only speak for myself but in my case it was the Roadster.I owned a Roadking before it was rad.But this time around Im doing things differently by runnin two amps-the Roadster and Ace.I needed the versatility of the tones of the Roadking without all the features it offers.With EL-34s I didnt love em in the same amp as 6l6s.They're good just not all--- out but that can be a good thing if thats what your after. Im not knocking the Roadking its a ripper and the most versatile amp but for me the Roadster is perfect for what I need it to do.I bought it for the cleans,the tweed and the two Recto channels and the fact that it has reverb and and adjusts from 50 to 100watts per channel. oh yeah also the effects on/off in the channel strips.Either way they're both killer amps and I thank Mesa for offering the two.

What fun you must be having A/Bing the Ace and the Roadster!!! Are you going to conduct a TONE contest to see if we can figure out which "mode" you're playing through? :lol: 8)

Great set up!

Dude I havent got the Ace yet like your killer Roadking 2 the Ace is on order.For the past two weekends Ive gone to the music store where they have the ace they just sold one and theres one left a 2x12 combo which is awesome. I however wanted the head which I'll run it and the Roadster which I have through my Stilleto 4x12 and use a Headbone to switch back and forth.Will somebody post some Roadking2 clips?? Come on with it!!! Doesnt the wait of being excited your amps coming and wish it were here drive ya bonkers!!!???

The wait is not bad actually. I'm really digging my other amps: Rivera Quiana Studio + Mesa 2 x 12 Vintage 30s 8)

And, when I get the itch I just bring my fav axe to the store and play through their Roadster and Roadking I :D That's what I eat for lunch: pure grailtone!!!

I hear hear ya on its not that bad after I posted I cranked the Roadster with my OCD pedal and it was heaven in the jam room.Over the years I feel that once you know Mesa you can find the sweet spots prettyquick.These amps are superior and built respectively.When I was at the music store I took a really close opservation of the other amps they had and dude Mesas are champions.Im in standby and headed out like Charles Bronson back in the day---ROCK!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back