Road King II Loop Send Level

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CudBucket

Reaction score
For those of you running a G Major or something like it in the loop, what do you have your send level set to? I find I need to have mine near max to achieve unity gain between levels when the loop is on and when it is off.

I'm confused in this area. I'm a latecomer when it comes to effects loops and effects in general. I don;t have a rack unit and for now am using a Boss ME50 effects processor unit which I am not very fond of. That said... what is the manual talking about when it says set the effects send to unity gain? From what I have read i am getting the impression that stand alone pedals are built to take a very small un-amplified signal between the guitar and amp input whereas the rack units like a G - Major are meant to take the preamp signal from the loop. I do notice that sometimes I get this awful almost static sound when using the delay in the loop of my Stiletto. Is this because the signal from the amp it too strong going into an effects unit that is likely designed to go between the guitar and amp and not in the loop?

By unity, they mean getting the level set so that your overall volume is the same when the loop is engaged as it is when the loop is defeated.

Yiu might want to check the level of the Gmajor. Do you have the input level on the Gmajor set to pro or consumer? I think it should be set to pro level because that is the same as line level. Maybe that will help.

Latest posts

Back