Road King II cleans and Fender cleans.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneyc4

Reaction score
How do the Road King II cleans compare to Fender cleans? How good are they? Ive heard good stuff about them.

The RK II has the 99.999 % of the Lonestar classic circuit. (well at least the sound).the LS is an awesome sounding amp. It compares quite favorably to a Fender Twin. IMHO, it sounds better than the Twin.

I had purchased a Lonestar classic, but after having played a RK II in GC two days straight for about 4 hours each day, I returned my LS and ordered a custom RK II.
)
BTW, I did not like the clean channels in the RK I when I tried it a few years back. Mesa fixed the only weakness this amp had. Now it is perfect.

If you're considering the RK II and are particularly interested in the cleans you should try the Lonestar to get an idea of the the cleans sound like in the RK II.

Just my .02

Im really into the RKII.
I want an amp that can give me fender like cleans (or better) and awesome metal and classic rock distortion.

Channel 1 Tweed with 6L6 tubes will give you your fender sound
Channel 2 Brit with EL34s and the master volume cranked will give you great classic rock crunch.
Channels 3 and 4 speak for themselves since they come from the dual rectos

What Parksy said. I'm using a RK Series 1 combo, and I'm having a ball with even the 'pre-LS' clean sounds. Channel 1 Tweed w/6L6's takes me back to my first 'real' amp, a Fender Super Reverb.

Back