Road King FX loop ... huh?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
I have my RK combo set with the FX loop active so the output knob on the front can be utilized... I tried running a cheap delay pedal in the loop Saturday night, but I only had about 2 minutes to hook it all up and I never quite got it figured out. I had a couple of questions.

1) Delay would probably work best in the parallel loop, but which loop is the parallel loop, 1 or 2? (I could look it up, but that'd be too easy).

2) I noticed that one of the FX mix knobs on the back affects the volume and makes my amp go louder, alot louder if I turn it all the way clock-wise. Where in the heck shouold I be running this with and without FX? Straight up the middle or with the most volume? I've had it set straight up 12:00, but I want to see what everyone else is doing.

Thanks!

PS.. Some FYI..... 4th show (2nd week) with the RK and I love it even more!!!

Loop 2 is your parallel loop. The knob you found is the send level I believe. Normally you would run this at 12:00, but if your effects require more or less signal, you would adjust this accordingly. I run mine at 12:00, with and without effects.

psycle_1 said:
Loop 2 is your parallel loop. The knob you found is the send level I believe. Normally you would run this at 12:00, but if your effects require more or less signal, you would adjust this accordingly. I run mine at 12:00, with and without effects.

That's is exactly how I run mine. The most I will go is 1:00 on the send level.

The send level is just a "fine tuner" adjustment to your effects, it works in conjunction with the channel masters. You want your channel masters up around 11 or 12 o'clock also! The Mix knob is what is affecting your overall volume! They say to leave it around noon also, but you can experiment with it, I think the idea is uniform gain and volume with or without the loop engaged! :idea:

Latest posts

Back