Road King 2 Reverb Problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CudBucket

Reaction score
I just noticed tonight that I only hear reverb on Channels 1 and 2 but not 3 or 4. Anyone else experience this?

Dave

I'll give it a try. I think I may have some preamp tube problems though because my clean channels are significantly lower in volume than the Channels 3 and 4.

Dave

Comparing my 2x12 RK II to the one I tested in GC....(at the same settings I wrote down), mine appears to have less reverb presence. For example, to get mine to sound as wet as the one in the store, I have to set it much higher (i.e. my combo reverb set to 1 O'clock = Store combo set to 10 O'clock).

As for the loss of volume, check the A/B,A&B speaker setting switch in that channel.....setting that incorrectly will just about kill your volume. I made that mistake a few times.......It's easy to inadvertently flip that switch to the middle position (A&B), while adjusting switches back there.

Also, you should expect a significant drop in the reverb presence in channels 3 & 4. This is the way the amp was designed. I too had questioned this and called Mesa...and they confirmed that its to be expected.

It's a non-issue for me as I only use the amp's reverb for the clean channels, and switch it off for channels 3 & 4 -- and use my TC G Force instead.

I found that using too much reverb from the amp in channels 3 & 4 takes out some of the punch and girth (dynamics?). I like those channels better through my G Force.

Latest posts

Back