Road/Flight Case Reccomendations?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntg

Reaction score
Any companies out there people would reccomend for flight cases? I am looking for something for a short Mark IV combo...

ntg said:
Any companies out there people would reccomend for flight cases? I am looking for something for a short Mark IV combo...

My cases are made by unitec .very nice i might add

ntg said:

www.unitecproducts.com ( mine are the elite series . very durable .)

Thanks Barry! I didn't see any prices on the website - if you don't mind me asking, what did you get a case for and what did it set you back? Thanks!

I researched this in great detail recently. Basically you can pay anywhere from $70 to $400 +. It really depends on what you are loking for. Full ATA spec cases are generally in the $300 and up range, and this is definitely what you will need to spend if you actually need true ATA spec because you plan on either flying or doing serious road travel. If that's what you need, get one of the name brand units like Calzone or Anvil because they literally build it per your specs and it will fit like a glove.

If all you are looking for is a decent box to protect the unit - which is all I really needed, you can get something really pretty decent from the e-bay flight case vendors. I did all sorts of analyses trying to figure out which seller/configuration was best, and when I started making my phone calls to verify dimensions I realized it's all the same company, so basically it doesn't matter what the seller's name is. Just get the configuration you need at the cheapest cost. I ended up bidding on a case for my F-50 (bubinga & wicker) that had recessed latches, wheels, full foam lining. Total cost - including shipping - was roughly $160 and I'm happy with it. But again - this is definitely NOT a roadcase that will withstand full touring/flight abuse. It protects the wood on my amp from getting banged up during local transport to my gigs and load in/out.

thanks plumptone, that's exactly what Ive been looking for in my search for a case for my mk IV head. just a question, but what size did you get, was it for a combo, head or cab?

The case I got was for my F-50 combo, which is essentially a wide-body and is the same size as the Mark IV widebody. If you need more info on who I used, etc, just send me a pm, and I'll fill you in on all the details.

Back