RKI vs. RKII effects loops question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
The parallel is loop can be a bit funny with most FX that aren't "time based" and you get an "out of phase" type of effect. About the only FX that I found that work in a parallel loop was Delay and reverb, anything else didn't work that well (EQ, modulation, enhanser, ect...) and even the reverb could never get real wet if I wanted to make it that way.

Series loops are easier to work and blend the FX in, but they do loose a bit of the true signal unless you're using *high dollar* FX processors..... But most of the time you can't really tell and some of the time a slight EQ adjustment will fix it.

whats with loop 1 on the RK 1? Is it the FW knob with the loop knobs in the channel back knob controls?

cant get mine to work and I really want to plug a pedal into loop 1.

Mesa/Boogie discovered through talking with players that almost all were running their Road King I loops in series, so for the RK II they decided to replace the parallel loop with a series loop (and thus have two series loops on the amp).

Scott

Latest posts

Back