Rig HELP!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColdCarcass

Reaction score
I'm the process of redoing my rack and trying to hookup the new rack setup. I'm currently having issues with getting the TC Electronic G-major to work on all 4 channels of my Roadking I series head. I'll be using the Behringer FCB1010 midi pedal to control the G-major and if possible use this pedal to switch channels on the head. How can I make this happen? I was looking at the RG16 switch but at this point I just want to get this unit going. ARRRRRRGG~!

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

use the two relays in the FCB to control CH-1 and CH2 and then use the two relays in the G-major to control the other two channels in your roadking (you'll need a 2-mono to stereo 'Y' or insert connector lead for the the G major)

That's the cheapest and quickest way for now....

hth

Still having issues getting this to work correctly. I've also read with using the "Y" connectors you run a chance of damaging the head. So, now I'm looking to go the Axess Electronics CFX4 route. Anyone know where I maybe able to purchase one for the Road King head?

Using a Y cable will eventually ruin the switching system, I currently use a Rocktron patchmate loop 8 ( rackmount, not floor model) with great results. They are very affordable $300-$400 and they don't deteriorate your tone, at least not much, that I notice. I have used it with awesome results. Set up ie..
guitar - loop 8 in(front pannel), amp channel 1 - loop 1, cannel 2 - loop 2, channel 3 - loop 3, channel 4 - loop 4 out - amp input.
assuming you use the effects loop of the amp...
effects send - loop 5 in, gmajor in - loop 5 send, loop 5 return - gmajor out, loop 5 out -effects loop return. run the midi in g-major - midi out/thru - rocktron.( but may not be necessary.You won't need the switching from the fcb or g major, just enter the loop you want to use. The only downside is the cables, about 10 or so.

Back