Reverse smiley - ^ shape - with Mark III EQ

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I never thought to try that shape. I usually just plug in a Marshall if I am looking for that sound.

I don't think that there would have been as much design change. Look how simple the Mark series stayed.

when I had my buddy's mark IV for awhile I put the EQ into the V, then pushed up the mid so it was like a W kinda. was a **** close marshall sound. never tried it on the III, I'll give it a shot, but I just recorded 5 clips for the rigs and tones board, and my fingers, (and ears) are shot

i tried that on my mark IV and it was awesome

heres the setting (lead channel only)
p.s. pentode, simul-class and mid gain

lucyslead.jpg

Are you that guy from the John Petrucci forums? Someone posting these same settings as if they were drawn.

I run my gain on 5-6, treble on seven, bass on two, (pulled) middle on 7, master on three (pulled) no presence.

I like a fat clean rhythm sound and to compensate for all this bottom end I wind down the first 2 eq faders down and set the eq for lead mode. I like my lead sound warm so I also wind down the top 2 faders as well; this gives me an inverted V. I don't boost the midrange, it's just set flat.

This set up works well if you're not looking for a metal or hard rock sound and want a big warm rhythm and lead sound out of a combo.

It's more of a blues or Santana like sound but without the high gain fizz on the top. If I want a little more gain and middish tone I combine R1 and R2.

Latest posts

Back