Reversal of "fat Mod" for TX-5 board Lead 1 red sucks!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darktone

Reaction score
Hello,

I have read about the reversal of the "fat mod" for a Triaxis TX-4 board on this forum but also have read that one cannot do this for the Triaxis TX-5 board which I have (ser. no. T-8717). Is the latter statement really true? I HATE the fact that my lead 1 channel SUKCKS and is not usable and would like to change that. It pains me even more considering all the positive reactions of people who have had the "fat mod" removed because of the big improvement of their tone. Thanks.

Hi Darktone,

sorry to tell you - when you have the TX5 board, you don't have the Rectifier Board. Neither the Normal one nor the PHAT Mode. You have - like me with my second Triaxis. Rectifier - normal or phat - requires the TX4 Board (my first unit).

You can open yours and you will see that the TX5 board is small and only contains a Gain, 2 Treble and a Bass LDR. No Phat Mode, so it cannot be reversed.

The LD1 here is called Classic Boogie Lead

The information is from the German Manual for the Triaxis, Page 7

http://pdb.meinldistribution.com/uploads/erp/product/others/triaxis.pdf

Here also is described which SN have The Dual Rectifier Vintage Channel (w & w/o PHAT Mode)

T1700 - T8296 have the Dual Rectifier LD1 (TX4)

Bummer! The rest of the modes sound great with the right guitar, poweramp, speakers etc. However, it is darn next to impossible to get a decent tone out of that lead 1 red mode. I would like to be able to use ALL of the modes on this preamp even though one could gravitate more to some than others. This is like a wasted section in this preamp and it would be great if the guys at Mesa could figure out some way to mod this to make that mode sound at least good if not a hell of a lot better. Thanks for the info SigiZ58!

Latest posts

Back