Reverb Scooping mid out of tone - MKIII

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshboogie

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Is this normal?

When I dial in a good amount of reverb, I notice that the sound becomes a bit more "mid-scooped" - do I just need to reduce my reverb levels or is there a problem - all the preamp valves were changed about 4 months ago

Cheers

hey welsh,
do you like the tone of it when it gets scooped like that? have your tried in your lead channel?

Boogiebabies said:
When the reverb tank connections oxidize and lift slightly over ground it apparently does. Clean your reverb contacts and do the one wire mod to the RCA cables that plug into the chassis.

Great info.Thanks

Boogiebabies said:
When the reverb tank connections oxidize and lift slightly over ground it apparently does. Clean your reverb contacts and do the one wire mod to the RCA cables that plug into the chassis.

Dumb question...

One wire mod? What is it?

psychodave said:
Boogiebabies said:

Dumb question...

One wire mod? What is it?

Not a dumb question because I need the same answers!!! - the scooped sound ain't the normal "Boogie Scoop" it just sounds a bit strained/weak - this amp is ex-Rolling Stones so has seen a lot of work and probably needs a good cleaning down there anyway.

Boogiebabies - you are the Boogie God!!! :D

Does that mod have any effect on a Mark IV? If so, what would it do?

Boogiebabies said:
You Da Man. :D

You have one of Keef's old Boogies?

Hey BB, yes, this is one of Keef's old Boogies - it was given to Dave Edmunds as a gift/payment for some album work he done - it has then found its way (eventually) to me!!

It has a lot of battle scars - hardwood cab lots of scratches!! and the flight case looks like its been dragged around many a world tour - lots of German Blues Clubs stickers for some reason.

I don't have any evidence of the above story being true, but if you or anyone can help in any way with serial numbers used by Keef it'll be of great help.

Back