Reverb probs on RKII or Roadster????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSon

Reaction score
Hi all.... please help me if you have the info...

I picked up my brand new RKII head yesterday after waiting since the middle of March (Im in UK) ... seems fine so far BUT ...

In channel one tweed and channel two brit, the reverb drops completely out to the point of even turning it up to 100% in those modes still makes it virtually reverb-less ... you can only hear the tinyest ping when hitting muted strings hard, but it might as well not be there... now switch back to fat or clean in either channels and at that 100% level and its swimming in it! ...

any other RKII or roadster owners seen this??

Cheers,
Jason.

The reverb is definitely affected by the different voicings. You do have to turn it up higher on some compared to others to really hear it. Nature of the beast I guess. I would have preferred to have a little more reverb on certain voicings but I guess it's usually enough for me.

There is nothing wrong with your RK II...that is exactly the behavior with mine.

The reverb is almost non-existent in CH1 Tweed or CH 2 Brit...

It is also less present in CH3 & 4, but not to the extent of the other 2 channels.

I called Mesa and they said this is normal.....

Not an issue for me as I use an Eventide....so, don't use the Amp's reverb.

I hope it's not the case that you effectively get no reverb on the choice Tweed and Brit channels. That makes no sense to me at all and I'd consider modifying the circuit if it is.

I remember reading something about low reverb levels in general and I just found this in a Harmony Central Road King II review. Can anyone experiment and see if you find a fix?

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Mesa%2FBoogie/Road+King+Series+II+Head/10/1

"The reverb sounds very 3-D. It should be noted that the reverb levels are affected by the post level of the channel. If you have your channels set low, it may seem as though the reverb is weak. This isn't the case, you just aren't feeding a very strong signal to the reverb circuit. Every channel has its own reverb level control. It should alos be notes that reverb will swell back to proper levels when switching from one channel to the next. This is by design to avoid a wash of verb during the switch or other unwanted noises."

Back