Reverb Problems

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtop

Reaction score
My reverb has quit working on my Mark III combo, I think. I can move the reverb pan around in the bottom of the amp and hear the springs and have checked the reverb tube. Any suggestions? Can I try cleaning the reverb cables ends with Caig Deoxit?

Check the connections on both the input and output of the reverb tank. The wires are uber-thin and can easily break if the amp is bumped around a bit...

Just read that in the manual (new MkIII owner :) ).....it says to check the tube in V4 (furthest from the input jack...or furthest to the left looking in from the rear).

I had this problem about a 2 months ago and fixed it by just unpluging and pluging the cables back in the amp. Strange, but it worked for some reason. Could the cables and tank just need to be cleaned?

I found that the contact of the connectors at the tank and at the amp side are really sensitive to noise. Just by twisting a bit, it can be really noise, and as said twisting a bit more, or unplugging and plugging back can resolve this problem.

This makes me always concerned when I move my amp. Because I can't reach the reverb connectors without unscrewing the backplate. Suppose I have a gig, and my amp bounces or something, leaving a lot of noise on my reverb with no time to fix that. That's not quite the robustness mesa is renown for.

Latest posts

Back