Reverb Pedal Rec. For Mark II (A)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevieB

Reaction score
The built-in reverb finally went on my Mark II (A). Instead of repairing or replacing it, I'm considering getting a reverb pedal that I can also use with my Henricksen Jazz Amp 10.

Any recommendation for a reverb pedal that will sound as good when used 'in-front' of the amp as it would if used it in the effects loop?

I've watched YT videos on the TC HOF and the Neunaber WET and thry both sound pretty good, but its hard to get a sense of the real sound they are capable of unless you hear them in person.

StevieB said:
The built-in reverb finally went on my Mark II (A). Instead of repairing or replacing it, I'm considering getting a reverb pedal that I can also use with my Henricksen Jazz Amp 10.

Any recommendation for a reverb pedal that will sound as good when used 'in-front' of the amp as it would if used it in the effects loop?

I've watched YT videos on the TC HOF and the Neunaber WET and thry both sound pretty good, but its hard to get a sense of the real sound they are capable of unless you hear them in person.

I have and have I've used both the TC HOF and the Neunaber WET (mine is the Stereo v3) as well an older/ original Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb.
Depending on what you want any and/ or all three might work.
Both the TC HOF and WET (Stereo) have more options than the EH Holy Grail.
The EH will be the cheapest, TC is next, and the WET the most expensive. But all can be resold easily enough if you don't like them.
I'd say get a TC to start. If it's "too much" then the cheaper EH might work for you. If it's "not enough" go with the Stereo Neunaber WET as it has more options/ reverb effects/ sounds than the Mono version.

As to whether any of the above will work in front of the amp versus in the loop. All the other pedals you are using will have an impact on this answer too.
Put the reverb last in your effects chain. Or perhaps 2nd to last if using a delay pedal.

gts said:
StevieB said:

I have and have I've used both the TC HOF and the Neunaber WET (mine is the Stereo v3) as well an older/ original Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb.
Depending on what you want any and/ or all three might work.
Both the TC HOF and WET (Stereo) have more options than the EH Holy Grail.
The EH will be the cheapest, TC is next, and the WET the most expensive. But all can be resold easily enough if you don't like them.
I'd say get a TC to start. If it's "too much" then the cheaper EH might work for you. If it's "not enough" go with the Stereo Neunaber WET as it has more options/ reverb effects/ sounds than the Mono version.

As to whether any of the above will work in front of the amp versus in the loop. All the other pedals you are using will have an impact on this answer too.
Put the reverb last in your effects chain. Or perhaps 2nd to last if using a delay pedal.

The cool thing about the HOF is the Tone Print app; you can tweak the parameters to create a sound that is uniquely yours. Or, you can select from a myriad of artist designed patches. IMHO, they're the best bang for your buck!

I have a Holy Grail (nano) and it's decent with my IIA (especially cleaner tones), but I use the amp reverb. The HG doesn't play nice with some gainy amps (Marshall-types as an example), but is okay with the lead channel of the IIA, so maybe that's a consideration. I use just enough reverb to add some depth...not a lot. If I were to upgrade, I'd look at the 2 pedals already mentioned, or maybe a Strymon (pricey).

Back