Reverb Noise Hum which tube

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesieBooga

Reaction score
Is it V3 or V4 or both to replace for the Reverb in a IIC+?

When I turn up a IIC+ too 1.5 and above I can hear a hum. :cry: and when I turn up the Reverb (which I never use 8) ) it's even more prevalent.

I'm going to try changing the tube before I look into anything else... :roll:

V3 and V4 share the reverb and lead channel.

If it's a low hum, try freeing up the reverb tank if it's in a bag at the bottom of a combo. It it's a head, send the gut shots. :D

If changing the tubes does not help, PM me and I will send you a grocery list of stuff to do.

Say hi to the kids and The Cookie Monster. :D

Thanks BB.
It seems it was a nice Fisher preamp tube I had in V4. Too Bad because it sounded better than the GT M I popped in there. Or should I say barely got in there. I hate trying to get my hands in those small box's! :lol:

It's a head so I couldn't do the lift thing on the verb tank. Thats done it before. Actually it's a combo converted into a head. And I noticed the Fan is awful close to the verb tank. :? Thought something might be going on there. The Verb isn't working on each head so I think I need to get a footswitch out and turn it on..... :?

The reverb footswitch is also the EQ footswitch. If you dont have a dual footswitch a single button will turn the reverb on and off. The switch is a stereo jack where the tip to ground turns the reverb on and off and the sleeve to ground turns the EQ on and off. Pretty cool !!! :D

Yes, heads are a nightmare. I dont even bother with the preamp tubes in the chassis. I pull it out. The fans dont work for didley because there is no room to draw air above the reverb tank. They barely cool the chassis yet alone the tubes.

Back