Reverb in Mark III question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtop

Reaction score
A few months back I changed out my original reverb tank in my Mark III because, some times it would work and sometimes it wouldn't. I replaced it with one from Mesa. The new tank seems to have more reverb but, it doesn't sound as good as the old one. It has a lot of sizzle and is bright in stead of being warm and full sounding. Mesa says that they have seen this out of the new tanks as well. Any suggestions?

There are several mods to boost the reverb in the MK III. The easiest one is to place a 3.3K 1/2 watt resistor in series with the black wire at the effects return jack. This will boost the amount of reverb available. It will not change the tone of it. There is another more extensive mod that boosts the amount and can change the tone of the reverb. You should contact Mike B. at Boogie for that one.

You will have to unsolder the black wire from the efx rtn jack, solder the resistor to where the wire was and then solder the wire to the other side of the resistor. Like this:

[efx rtn jack]--black wire--- stock

[ efx rtn jack ]--3.3K resistor--black wire------- mod

Latest posts

Back