Retube question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robson780

Reaction score
I know if you're using Mesa tubes you don't need to bias, and I ordered the standard retube option for my Triple Recto from eurotubes.com.

Will I have to bias the JJs?

Even with JJs. Mesas never need to be biased. Actually they can't be biased.

There are some exceptions, like if it has been modded at one point. But the prior owned would have told you that if it was the case.

Nice, thanks.

So when I do it, should I plug in and unplug each tube a few times to clean out the socket?

Robson780 said:
I know if you're using Mesa tubes you don't need to bias, and I ordered the standard retube option for my Triple Recto from eurotubes.com.

As long as you told Bob at Eurotubes what amp you have he will make sure you get the correct tubes. You don't want to use tubes that are out of the acceptable range for your boogie.

MJ Slaughter said:
Robson780 said:

As long as you told Bob at Eurotubes what amp you have he will make sure you get the correct tubes. You don't want to use tubes that are out of the acceptable range for your boogie.

Well, I ordered the Triple Recto set.
So I'm assuming they're the proper ones, haha.

Back