• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

request to those that post ads...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeeman

Reaction score
I have a request to those that post ads.

It would be nice if you add your location (city, etc).

Due to some recent less then stellar transactions (no one on this forum), I have become more cautious of buying with sight unseen and, of course, unplayed.

I have noticed that some people do post their location, but many others do not.

Just a thought.

zeeman

IMO it should be a forum rule, and it should be posted in the subject line of the ad.

Because shipping charges on big and heavy items like cabs are very high and offset any good deal you happen to come across. Also, some people only like to buy locally or within a comfortable driving distance of home, so seeing the location listed in the subject line would save you from reading for-sale posts from 1000's of miles away.

Chugga-Chugga said:
Because shipping charges on big and heavy items like cabs are very high and offset any good deal you happen to come across. Also, some people only like to buy locally or within a comfortable driving distance of home, so seeing the location listed in the subject line would save you from reading for-sale posts from 1000's of miles away.

As the OP mentioned, it would be as simple as filling out the personal information section of your user control panel to include your location on the left of every post you make. Done.

seriously, how often does someone here post a 4x12 and say that they're looking for a local sale and won't ship... without specifying where "local" is.

czarivan said:
seriously, how often does someone here post a 4x12 and say that they're looking for a local sale and won't ship... without specifying where "local" is.

"don't question bruce dickinson!"

MusicManJP6 said:
Chugga-Chugga said:

As the OP mentioned, it would be as simple as filling out the personal information section of your user control panel to include your location on the left of every post you make. Done.

I have to agree, it would be best if everyone just fills out the info bar. I don't think it's really that big of a deal. It's the first thing i ask when I get the GAS bug and I see a sweet toy... Buyer beware but lets help everyone here get great advice and great gear! Hell, I find way cooler people here than anywhere else like Harxxny Cxxtral.

$.02 added :|

gts said:
MusicManJP6 said:
The funny thing is neither the OP (zeeman) or Chugga Chugga have their location in their personal info.
But then again neither was saying they should.....

Hey... :oops:

When I made the post, I meant to edit my profile but I forgot.

Then again, I asked for the sellers to post their location. Since I am not selling (I am only looking to buy), so I guess I can get off on a technicality. :D

zeeman

And while we're at it...

******************* RANT WARNING ********************

PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX!!!!!!!!!!!

And make them YOUR pix (not Mesa's - not the ones from the guy on eBay you bought the thing from) and RECENT would be nice (I just love those dated images from 5 - 10 years ago). It takes very little to include pix in a post (is there a cell phone out there that DOESN'T take pictures, is there anyone who doesn't own at least 1 digital camera?). Age is no excuse! The kids - well, they're kids - they already know how to do EVERYTHING in the digital age. You OLD folks (I can say that, I AM one) - ask your kids!! :p Or ask someone on this forum for a how-to on uploading images and using the Img code to insert them in your posts. Get a Shutterfly (or similar) account!

Phewh! I guess I was holding that back for a while. :)

Oh yeah - "Second star on the right and straight on 'til morning" is NOT a location - unless you're Peter Frickin' Pan! :lol:

Peace Out

jbw

Latest posts

Back