Replacement speaker advice

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MK IIB

Reaction score
Hi folks,
If you were to get a replacement speaker for a Mark IIB apart from an EVM 12L what would you go for?
Styles of music are blues,rock etc.
Any advice is much appreciated.Thanks.

Mesa C90
Just a great all-around speaker.
Great for cleans, blues, rock, metal ect.,,,,

Or the Eminence MS-12 which was the stock speaker for the IIB
(the EV12L was an option/ upgrade).

Fwiw the MS-12 was made to Mesa specs and was a custom speaker that Eminence made only for Mesa.

Thanks guys.
Are both these speakers still made?If so are they as good as the older ones?
I'm in the UK and I've had a good look on ebay etc but can't find any in the UK!
I think I'd like to get the MS-12 as I'd like to get the 2B back to stock.

MS12 no longer produced. Eminence Delta Pro is recommended by many guitar players and Eminence as well as an alternative to the EV12L. I also think that the Eminence Commonwealth would make an excellent choice.

gts said:
Or the Eminence MS-12 which was the stock speaker for the IIB
(the EV12L was an option/ upgrade).

Fwiw the MS-12 was made to Mesa specs and was a custom speaker that Eminence made only for Mesa.

^ What he said. Yes they are out of production, and yes they are still available....try eBay. Coupling an MS-12 with an EVM/Thiele is my personal favorite for my C+.

Thanks guys.
None currently on Ebay UK.I'll be keeping an eye out for one though.
Thanks folks.

Mark I re-issue with a twin cabinet of Celestion G12h-80 and Fane Medusa 30. It has maple plywood front and back, with sapele sides. It has the dimensions of a fender 2-12 bassman cabinet. Sounds great dimed.

I got My MS-12 eventually. :D
20150511_132830.jpg
20150514_190328.jpg

Latest posts

Back