Replacement reverb tank for Studio Pre

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggman6

Reaction score
Does anyone know the input and output impedance of the reverb tank used in the studio preamp or know of a suitable replacement.

eggman6 said:
Does anyone know the input and output impedance of the reverb tank used in the studio preamp or know of a suitable replacement.

I don't know the answer, however I saw in another thread that you can make the reverb even better by installing two reverb tanks, a short one and long one, similar to the Quad Preamp.

You can call Mesa to find out the replacement part if you want to get one from them (or two :twisted: ).

The tanks are made by Accutronics. Go to their website, accutronicsreverb.com, and with the number off your old tank you can figure out exactly what it is.

Then you can follow their instructions for ordering a new one. Ususally about $30 plus a little shipping.

With the info off your tank (input and output impedance) you can change what you have to longer or shorter delay and more springs for more lushness.

Doesn't help when u dont have a number on your tank.

Its just the internal part suspended from the chassis with springs instead of being in an enclosure. Although i'm pretty sure its a type 8 tank i'm after based on the size. Acording to mojo music 8AB2A1B is a mesa repalcement, but i dont know if thats just for more current amps.

8AB2A1B is correct for the studio pre.

This made it easier to work out http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/ioic.htm

The color codes match, although the dc resistence was a bit off but close enough. Could be that my multimeter isn't all that accurate.

Would like to get a type 9 in there but theres no chance of fitting it within the chassis, although i could remove some unwanted jacks and have an external tank.

Latest posts

Back