Removing speaker from Mark IV combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zebpedersen

Reaction score
I know there's a few cabinet makers out there, so I'm sure someone can help me.

I'm trying to swap the well-gigged and awesome sounding EVM12L out of my 1x12 cabinet with the relatively fresh EV in my Mark IV combo. I've got the speaker out of the cab with no problems, but I'm struggling to remove it from the amp cab.

I've removed the grille (duh) and the screws on the outside of the speaker, same as I did on the cab, however it's stuck fast and won't budge. I've gone as far as to lay the amp on it's front (on a piece of foam so I don't damage the cone) and try and beat the speaker out with my fist! It's not budging - is there a secret hidden screw or a trick to this? Help please guys!

It's just trying to tell you that "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". The speaker has grown to love that cab. :D No really, IMHO my oldest 12L's are the best sounding of the bunch or the most "broke in". Probably the wood has swollen a little from humidity or something but if you have removed all the screws it should come out easily face down maybe a little tap from a rubber mallet.

Problem solved...some sunshine at the factory decided to use double sided tape around the rim of the speaker - I'm impressed with the tape to be frank, those EV's are **** heavy. Anyway, combo on it's front, bit of foam on the floor. And then me standing on the magnet seemed to do the trick :)

Back