Rectoverb vs. Tremoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinskin57

Reaction score
i'm a previous owner of the Tremoverb, which i loved, but i'm trying to downsize a bit these days. so my question is this- will i be disappointed with a Rectoverb after being spoiled by my favorite amp of all time, the TOV? if so, in what areas? i'm basically a two-sound kind of guy; rip your head off distortion, and beautiful cleans. also, please weigh in on ROV versions 1 vs. v2, and if there's any benefit to the ROV head over the combo, save for the obvious ones like being able to experiment w/different speakers/cabs. somebody out there must have experience w/both of these amps. my dealers never have mesa amps in stock, so i'd have to roll the dice and grab one off ebay w/out trying it out.

I'm no expert....but:
#1> My T-Verb sounds better than anything I've ever set up next to.
#2> I see Rectoverbs for sale all the time, and rarely ever see people selling T-Verbs.

I have owned both. I think the Rectoverb is a great amp and you will not be disapointed. Not that it is as good as the TOV but still a very nice amp. I think the combo has a great feel. My only suggestion would be a graphic eq in the loop or a nice OD to push through some lead tones. The amp on it's own doesn't cut that well.
I have seen them locally for as low as 700. That is a steal for that amp.

UltraGary said:
I'm no expert....but:
#1> My T-Verb sounds better than anything I've ever set up next to.
#2> I see Rectoverbs for sale all the time, and rarely ever see people selling T-Verbs.

in fairness, i'd venture to say that there have been way more Rectoverbs produced than TOV's. The longest TOV drought i've ever seen on ebay is maybe only 5 days. most of the time when i look, i see multiple TOV's listed. not saying the the TOV isn't superior though!

halfnote said:
I have owned both. I think the Rectoverb is a great amp and you will not be disapointed. Not that it is as good as the TOV but still a very nice amp. I think the combo has a great feel. My only suggestion would be a graphic eq in the loop or a nice OD to push through some lead tones. The amp on it's own doesn't cut that well.
I have seen them locally for as low as 700. That is a steal for that amp.
actually a rectoverb cuts through as good as anything else once you get rid of the Mesa tubes ...at least that's been my experience.

Back