rectoverb settings/tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibegyourpardon

Reaction score
I just bought a rect-o-verb and my tone when crarked is very harsh and brittle, what are you settings so I can try them out. I also play Metal and rock

Mind you, I have a Series 1 which has a different sound than the Series 2..
all settings are in O'clock time

Vintage in small setting, modern in large room
Gain 2 o'clock
Treble 2
Mid 11
Bass 2
Presence 11
Master 11
Output - as needed

This gives me a great balance between lead and rythym with using the guitar volume control to back off gain. I play a dual HB setup and leave the neck PU at 2-4 (out of 10) and the bridge all the way up. it gives me 3 great settings to play with (3 positions of toggle switch) and with the neck PU on 2 I get a reasonable clean smooth tone for quiet stuff also.

The reason I use modern in larger rooms is that I seem to lose clarity and the Vintage setting is a little too muddy.

ibegyourpardon said:
I just bought a rect-o-verb and my tone when crarked is very harsh and brittle, what are you settings so I can try them out. I also play Metal and rock

Heres what I used, If I added any more bass it would start sounding flabby at higher volumes and plus my sound man hated me to turn the bass past 9 oclock. I play a Peavey wolfgang (dual hb guitar).

Mode Vintage:

Gain 3 oclock
Treb 11:30 oclock
mids 10:30 oclock
Bass 9 oclock
presense 11 oclock

Try messing with the volume too, first try your channel volume up pretty high (like 1/2 way) and and use the amp FX-master for the voulume, then try it the other way.. Keep the channel volume down lower and the FX-master up higher. See if there's a difference.

What tubes are you using? I used 6L6's.

Im using JJ El34s by the way. I think im going to use a sd1 in front of the amp to tighten up sound. Also I might need to retube my preamp

Latest posts

Back