rectoverb oppinions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildrat666

Reaction score
I ´m thinking about buying a rectoverb but have never heard one. opinions????? is it good for metal/hardcore??anyone with a soundclip?

I had one and yes, it's got plenty of gain to nail hard rock, classic rock and metal. I'm not up on the heaviest current sounds, but in "modern" mode, it was easy to do metallica type tones, with lots of gain to spare.

I dont have any sound clips but I know that some do exist on this forum.
Like the writer said above I agree with him and I would assume the ROV
can easily achieve pretty much any distortion you may need.
Seriously it can get brutal. It doesnt have the tube rectifiers like its big brothers have. Solid state rectification is what it offers and I believe most people say that offers a tighter sound than the tube rectification. I also purchased the 2x12 recto cab and that addition has really made that deep chugga, chugga sound easily achievable but it deffinatly doesnt need the cab for great sounds.
The cleans are great and you can get great blues sounds all the way through rock to metal. I hardly ever use the modern channel because it just gets too brutal for me. Since owning the amp my needs for extreme gain have fallen to the point where I find myself using the raw and vintage channel most of the time with the gain really never going past 2 oclock on the vintage channel. I would say you can easily get metallica sounds from the vintage channel at about 2 oclock or so. So that means you can still go to 5 oclock on vintage and thats not even touching the modern channel which is where its most brutal lives.
I would also highly suggest using some sort of overdrive pedal with it on top of your amps gain,,,it smooths it out, adds even more gain,sustain and seems to tighten it all up. The overdrive really helps to get a great lead sound with it. good luck to you

What amps are you used too or coming from?

I like the Rectoverb and would recommend it. If you are partial to that Dual Rectifier sound and saturation it has it. I however like the DR options of EL-34's (Series 1 ROV did not offer a bias select), Bold vs Spongy, and Diodes vs. Rectifier tubes. The cleans are better in the ROV in my opinion.

I have a couple test clips here.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=dwq1971

Sorry I don't have anything better. Man is it loud though!

I would definately consider it a great alternative to the 3 ch DR's of today.

Back