Rectoverb Combo and additional Cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRazMeister

Reaction score
This may sound like a silly question but whenever I add another cab to the rectoverb, the sound of the combo speaker seems degraded. I've been using the 2-4 ohm jacks in the back (8 ohm internal and 8 ohm cab) I'm assuming this correct.

TheRazMeister said:
...I've been using the 2-4 ohm jacks in the back (8 ohm internal and 8 ohm cab) I'm assuming this correct.

Yes that's the correct hookup. By "degraded" do you mean a tonal change/loss or volume drop? Your combo's internal speaker(s) will only be getting half the power, as it will be divided equally with the other 8-ohm load. If you notice a loss of low frequencies, it is possible that one or more of your speakers is connected out of phase with the others.

I think what the problem might be is that I've been trying to use the added 1x12 as sort of a cross stage monitor for the band. It's a closed back Vintage 30 cab and it seems to be fighting the internal speaker for "air space" if that makes sense? When I unplugged it, the combo sounded fine, although my effects (in the loop) went bonkers on me today. As you might of gathered, I had a tonally bad outdoor gig this afternoon :roll:

NoGlassNoClass said:
TheRazMeister said:
...I've been using the 2-4 ohm jacks in the back (8 ohm internal and 8 ohm cab) I'm assuming this correct.

Yes that's the correct hookup. By "degraded" do you mean a tonal change/loss or volume drop? Your combo's internal speaker(s) will only be getting half the power, as it will be divided equally with the other 8-ohm load. If you notice a loss of low frequencies, it is possible that one or more of your speakers is connected out of phase with the others.

One of your cabs' speakers is out of phase. This happened with my two thieles. One was wired up backwards by accident. Once I wired it up correctly, the two thieles sounded like they did when by themselves when both are pumping at the same time now. Worth a shot at least. You can check it with a battery. Make sure the speaker moves OUT when it pops and not in...

Good luck!

Back