Recto's with an OverDrive pedal

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glad you found your pedal bubs! I've been digging my Keeley SD-1 AND my DS-1 together in front in the vintage channel on my RoV lately...

How in the hell are you guys doing this without having to tap dance every time you switch channels? The music I write requires tons of switching and the last thing I need to do is hit two pedals to get my dirty on.

This has been one of the main reasons I am avoiding Rectos- I want tight punch without the tap dancing involved with switching ODs and noise gates in and out. Right now, the only thng appealing to me about Rectos are their recorded tones and lower used prices!

I just added a TS9 to my Dual rect... Not sure if it's the best pedal out there, but it seemed fairly mild and i didn't want to spend $180 on the Tubescreamer 808.

Anyway i run with El34's and this really made a small but noticable difference to my ear. The bottom end is a little less muddy, it does cut a bit of the bass out. I can't place my finger on it exactly, it's just one of those things, i plugged it in and it was instatly a bit better, not a ton but enough to warrant a purchase... just the tubescreamer magic i guess.

One thing it seemed to me was it made the amp sound "hotter", like it was cranked at even managable volumes, and cut through alot better... also added a bit of fluid and tightness to the sound. I played a stiletto Ace combo and the Fluid drive channel really shinned. I'd say with El34's and a Tubescreamer it's very fluid/tight just like that... still a rectifier, but very different than a stock 6l6 with mid scooped.

I'm also running on the raw channel now, with a bit of gain(about 10 o clock) on the tubescreamer. It's plenty of gain and really made that mode shine, the vintage is just high gain 80's marshallish now, i don't touch the modern settings.

Worth trying imho!

I'm not much for boosting an amp, I really enjoy mine without it. But I do own a SD-1 and a Bad Monkey. I think you guys should try the Bad Monkey out. I like it better than the SD-1. It has a fuller tone than the SD-1. It seems to mix some of your clean guitar tone into the overdrive.

Back