Recto Vintage Mode Sounds Like A Mark

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sent my friend a brief sample of my Dual Rectifier. He asked it sounded similar to a Mark since I use an excess amount of low end with practically no treble. I play slow metal kind of stuff (think Sabbath on qualuudes and angry). Would I be better off getting a Mark sooner or later?

My settings on my recto:
Presence 1:30
Master Noon
Gain max
Bass max
Mids 2 o clock
Treble off.

Like I said, I don't play the typical metal sound. Slow drones chords with a ton of delay on top.

G'day Mate

I just traded my Dual Recto on a Mark V 25 - Although I did like the recto's tone, it cant do what a Mark V does and vise versa - having said that, the dual recto does have some pretty useable tones but it needs to breath otherwise its too fizzy & honky, in my opinion for what you say you play the Mark V will kick the rectos *** !!

I would not like the settings your using on my old recto - it would mask everything the recto is about - so if that's what your trying to do it is working that's for sure...

Casey

kc_ksom said:
G'day Mate

I just traded my Dual Recto on a Mark V 25 - Although I did like the recto's tone, it cant do what a Mark V does and vise versa - having said that, the dual recto does have some pretty useable tones but it needs to breath otherwise its too fizzy & honky, in my opinion for what you say you play the Mark V will kick the rectos *** !!

I would not like the settings your using on my old recto - it would mask everything the recto is about - so if that's what your trying to do it is working that's for sure...

Casey
I play material like this.
https://youtu.be/_bzMJYntxKM

That album was a Sovtek Mig and a JMP boosted with a ProCo Rat. Last time I saw them it was a Fender boosted with a ProCo Rat and a Mesa Mark 4 or 5. It was ungodly loud but I didn't make out the guitar player's pedalboard that used the Mesa.

Latest posts

Back