Recto tone with Mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random Hero

Reaction score
I would say it's not possible. The voicing isn't anything alike. You could probably get a flavour of it, i.e, the enhanced low mids, scooped nature, but other than that...

I'd agree with random, you won't get it to sound exactly like a recto, but using the geq to scoop the mids and raise the lows and highs you'll get it close. Also depends on the speakers you're using, if using an open back... good luck.

Why would you want to get a Mark IV to sound like a Recto? Just slap the worst sounding, buzziest pedal you can find in front of it, and you have instant Recto tone. :lol:

But in all seriousness, I agree on what others said about scooping the mids with high lows and bass. It's a lot easier to get Recto tone on a Mark than it is to get Mark tone on a Recto. That's just not going to happen.

I don't know, I can get my recto very similar to my mark, but neither sound exactly the same, and that's why I love them both, if they could both do what the other did perfectly, there would be no reason to have multiple models :wink:

Latest posts

Back