Recto: PRESENCE

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micah

Reaction score
Where do you set your presence on your Recto? Im currious where you set your presence for live sounds? I like to be able to get singing leads on channel 3 of my triple in the modern mode and still have a nice huge chunk. Lately Ive found a good blend with my B-M-T all set to 12 with my gain about 1:30 and my master and output @ 10. I have my presence @ 1:00 but Im afraid it might be a little harsh--The problem is that I find the notes dont seem to sing as well when its below this point-- Where have you found it best to put your presence? :?:

11:30 on 2nd channel vintage and 12:00 on 3rd channel in vintage mode as well.

Platypus said:

How are your single notes on in the modern mode on channel 3 with the presence @ noon?

Micah said:
Platypus said:

How are your single notes on in the modern mode on channel 3 with the presence @ noon?

I rarely use the modern mode on channel 3 because it's almost impossible to get to sound good for both rythm and solo tones.. plus it's extremely harsh and barky with EL34's.. when I ran 6L6's I would run the presence at like.. 10 o clock max on the 3rd channel modern.

Platypus said:
Micah said:
Platypus said:

I rarely use the modern mode on channel 3 because it's almost impossible to get to sound good for both rythm and solo tones.. plus it's extremely harsh and barky with EL34's.. when I ran 6L6's I would run the presence at like.. 10 o clock max on the 3rd channel modern.

Sweet man Thanks! I might try backing it back down to 12 to see if that will work--my only concern is that it wont sing the way I want it to--

Try it.. if anything the lower your presence the more sustainy and easier the notes are to play.. but I love how focused and cutting higher presence settings are so it's a balance!

Sweet--I'll try to ballence that out a little more tonight when we play--thanks a bunch! :wink:

2ch Recto...

Orange/Vintage and Red/Modern. I run the orange channel presence off, and the red channel presence at about 1, perhaps just under, on a scale of 1-10.

Ok--Last night I messed with the presence @ about 12 and it started to get too unfocused for my tastes. I definatly like it @ about 1 or shortly under 1 oclock on the modern channel 3. We were playing live last night so I didnt have a chance to mess with it very much--but a thought crossed my mind(Hey..isnt that a Blindside album..?) today that if I bring the treble up a little bit to about 1 oclock it might take a little bit of the nasty edge off of the upper mids and make it a little more balanced. It is super punchy right now and I like that--its just the edge is kind of overbearing--
For the record that will put my settings like this:(all in oclock)

Pres: 1
Master: 10
Gain: 1
Bass: 11:45
Mids: 12
Treble: 1 (where it is currently @12)

I'll let you know what I get from this set-up. The next time I'll get to play is Saturday night though-- :cry: Thanks for everyone's input so far!

2 channel modern red i have it usally around 10-11 oclok. higher than that the high pitched notes sound too harsh (and the amp buzzes alo) but lower it's more of a smoother lead tone-creamy. but is till mainitan a big chug on rhythym sounds

PolishSasquatch said:
2 channel modern red i have it usally around 10-11 oclok. higher than that the high pitched notes sound too harsh (and the amp buzzes alo) but lower it's more of a smoother lead tone-creamy. but is till mainitan a big chug on rhythym sounds

I hear you--my problem is just that I like my notes to sing but I want it to have some edge too. In channel 2 the presence only has about a third of the full potential of channel 3 and I end up having a hard time tightening everything up without that added presence. Its really open but not as tight to my ear--What is it about channel 2 that you like as opposed to channel 3? :?:

well, i only have 2 cahnnels haaha ( i have the old dual recto) [i should have made that a bit more clear before] but i played around a bit with the resence on mine, and i set it to 12:30abouts, and wow, it sounded MUCh more meaner. but it's that buzz that's kinda annoying. you can;t hear it when i;m playing but when i ahve my guitar muted u can tell. Oh well, gotta deal with that. I still haven;t fully figured my amp out yet. I have my treble at around 2:30 and the presence at 12:30 and thatsa mean sound i;m getting.

PolishSasquatch said:
well, i only have 2 cahnnels haaha ( i have the old dual recto) [i should have made that a bit more clear before] but i played around a bit with the resence on mine, and i set it to 12:30abouts, and wow, it sounded MUCh more meaner. but it's that buzz that's kinda annoying. you can;t hear it when i;m playing but when i ahve my guitar muted u can tell. Oh well, gotta deal with that. I still haven;t fully figured my amp out yet. I have my treble at around 2:30 and the presence at 12:30 and thatsa mean sound i;m getting.

Ahh! I hear you! Where do you have your Gain, Master, bass and mids set to? I notice the buzz a little as well but its almost like it wants to feed back and thats why its buzzing--I do like the fact that it wants to go out of control if I let it but if I grab the strings or back my guitar volume off it goes away-- Im interested to know the rest of your settings--I pretty much have everything near noon:(oclock on all of the settings)

Presence> 1
Master> 10
Gain> 1-1:30
Bass> 11:45(about)
Mids> 12
Treble> 12

Latest posts

Back