recto pre 2 live outs. 1 side really quiet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxxamafone

Reaction score
anyone else had a problem where 1 of the live outs is loud and the other live out is barely being able to be heard?

i hook 1 live out to sideA of poweramp, hook the other live out to sideB of poweramp (then i hook the modern cable from pre to power to kick in modern mode on the 2:100)

i switched tubes around, different cables, the same live out jack seems to be causing me problems every time.

I've checked against the poweramp, that works fine.

i'm not sure if i should take it to a tech or not.

ok did some more playing

when i switch the 2 live out cables and send the preamp signals to opposite sides of the power amp... it works fine :?

almost seems like a certain side of the preamp needs to go to a certain side of the poweramp.

strange, but it works.

Also, anyone else noticed you can connect the modern cable to other jacks on the preamp and that still works? I plug into the solo jack and modern mode kicks in.

i experimented coz the modern jack on the pre doesn't work when the cable is plugged all the way in :? it does work when i pull the plug half out :?

My first 2 bits of mesa gear and they both seem fukt in one way or another :x

Back