RECTO ON ITS WAY

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesanomad100

Reaction score
Hi again boogie board,my new dual rec 3 channel is on its way from america and should be here in the next few days(I'll post when she arrives),the only problem now is which speaker cable to run from the head to the cab(s),I've also just bought a mesa 2x12" recto cab and a 1x12" mesa thiele ported cab,I dont see why I should spend thousands of pounds on great heads and cabs but screw up on buying cheapy leads to connect them!!!!
Any suggestions on the best leads to go for???

OR

should I buy the cabel and jacks and build my own(only the best products)

What do you guys use??

Cheers Euan

i use 10 gauge 5 foot :D congrates on the recto. fucking brutal amp. ive had mine for abouyt 3 and half months and everyday i walk into my room and see it and say . "dude, i have a fucking mesa dual rectifier"
EDIT: i have to 5 footer cables actually. ones aplanet waves and the others a yorkville

You think that is exciting, trying walking in your room everyday and seeing this.

Click on thumbnail for bigger size.

PolishSasquatch said:
ive had mine for abouyt 3 and half months and everyday i walk into my room and see it and say . "dude, i have a f%&# mesa dual rectifier"

hey siggy14......................................................................................................................................................NICE GEAR,swap you it for a teapot.hahahaha

****, you are a day late, just bought a brand new teapot yesterday. Oh well.

mesanomad100 said:
hey siggy14......................................................................................................................................................NICE GEAR,swap you it for a teapot.hahahaha

siggy14 said:
You think that is exciting, trying walking in your room everyday and seeing this.

PolishSasquatch said:
ive had mine for abouyt 3 and half months and everyday i walk into my room and see it and say . "dude, i have a f%&# mesa dual rectifier"

Nice rig...

thanks, the Black Face rectifier is actualy sold pending payment to one of my friends drummers. The JCM800 is going up the block next.

Things not pictured.
Marshall JMP-1 and ADA MP1, depending on my mood I will use one of these going into a Randall 2/50 power amp, one side with EL34's and the other with 6L6's. This amp will feed two cabinets that are not shown, one is a mesa mark 4x12 half pack with celestion 30 watters, and the second is a 1978 Marsll 4x12 with black backs.

Russ said:
siggy14 said:

PolishSasquatch said:

Nice rig...

mesanomad100 said:
Hi again boogie board,my new dual rec 3 channel is on its way from america and should be here in the next few days(I'll post when she arrives),the only problem now is which speaker cable to run from the head to the cab(s),I've also just bought a mesa 2x12" recto cab and a 1x12" mesa thiele ported cab,I dont see why I should spend thousands of pounds on great heads and cabs but screw up on buying cheapy leads to connect them!!!!
Any suggestions on the best leads to go for???

OR

should I buy the cabel and jacks and build my own(only the best products)

What do you guys use??

keep it short . Monster cable makes some nice ones . I think mine are Dimarzio .

Cheers Euan

PolishSasquatch said:
ive had mine for about 3 and half months and everyday i walk into my room and see it and say . "dude, i have a f%&# mesa dual rectifier"

Haha I say that every time I look at my Triple...I can remember just staring at these things when I was just starting to play guitar, drooling over them and saying I'll eventually get one....didn't know I'd be so blessed to have one by the time I was 18. At the end of the day, it's money well spent, and truly is an "Instant Gratifier" haha

-AJH

Back