recto effects loop question...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turmoil

Reaction score
so i've been using a boss DD3 in the effects loop on my TR for the past couple of weeks now and it sounds so much better there but i've been having issues with lots of random white noise coming out of my speakers due to the effects loop.

i keep my dd3 on my pedal board and i have about a 15ft length of cabling between the pedal itself and my amp's effects loop and i believe that is causing the noise because when i ran a 3ft cable for my effects loop the noise was not there.

is there anyway to really knock out all that excessive white noise that comes from me having to use a 15-20ft cable between the pedal and my effects loop? i was using one monster and one planet waves cable and i figured they would be good enough but obvisouly not. would i need to maybe run the pedal through a noise suppressor/gate before going back to the amp?

I'm assuming, when using the three feet of cable, you were'nt using the pedal board? It's probably the pedal board! Maybe it's power supply, or that to the effect! Adding length of cable should'nt necessarily add white noise, maybe signal degradation, but not noise, and not 15 feet!

yeah i wasn't using the pedal board. i was just using the 3ft cables and the 9v inside the pedal and there was no additional noise.

i'm using this pedal board - http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=32&o=&offset=2&c=75&s=75#

do you think that power source could be the problem? if so should i get an external supply like the Voodoo Labs one or the Dunlap Power brick i think it's called. do you have other suggestions?

It could be bad AC power going to the 9v DC adapter thats causing the extra noise. Try getting a power conditioner like a Furman M8.

ahh, now that i think about it. i ran my pedal board without the dd3 in the effects loop but still had my various pedals powered by the pedal board running into my input and there was no excess white noise.

so at this point i'm assuming it's the cables..unless anyone can think of anything else??

Latest posts

Back