Recto: Channel 2 vs. Channel 3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez4life SZ!

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I got to band practice early and did some tweaking today....I am using a 3 channel dual recto.

One finding that I have finally come to (I know many here have mentioned it, but it takes my own tweaking to actually notice them) is that channel 3 is much darker than channel 2.

I had both the channels set to vintage with the same EQ, and noticed that channel two was brighter, clearer, and more definied....channel 3 was darker...almost as if someone put a blanket over the amp....

I then found that the channel 2 setting was much more useful in a band mix.... MUCH more useful!

Anyone else find this?

What settings do you use on Channel 2 vintage for a main distortion sound?

thanks!

I actually posted about this and I think ch3 is brighter.....might depend on pickups and guitar too though

I actually used to think that when playing at low volumes, but when you crank the amp, Channel 2 is noticably brighter....

I'm not running stock tubes though...something to keep in mind :wink:

I think 2ch recs are better than 3ch recs...Oh, sorry wrong argument. It's good to know as I'm starting to lean toward a new 3ch DR or one with a transfereble warranty. Played one next to a 2ch Voodoo modded TR and prefered the stock 3ch DR.

Latest posts

Back