Recto cab vs Roadster cab ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man there is a Lonestar at GC on clearance in Cleveland and it was so beat up it looked like the natives tore it a new output jack !

I am still leaning towards returning the Roadster. Its such a great amp but I guess it might not be for me at this time. The killer is that I have really been eyeballing another PRS and I am thinking about dumping two of my Les Pauls also. I think I am in my G.A.S manic stage........

stompboxfreak72 said:
Man there is a Lonestar at GC on clearance in Cleveland and it was so beat up it looked like the natives tore it a new output jack !

I didn't realize you were in Ohio - I'm close to Cleveland and you are more than welcome to come try my Roadster 2x12 cab (I don't need it anymore so feel free to make me an offer if you like). PM me if you're interested.

fredster...

Thats awfully kind of you fredster. I think I am 99.9% sure that I am going to return the Roadster this weekend. I'll contact you if something changes. Thank you!

Is there a chance you might have a bad tube? I was reading a post from someone else that has an RKII that found some peculiar sounds comming out of his new amp:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=11484

From what I've heard of the Roadster so far, it's 'supposed' to have the legendary Rectifier sound. I'm very curious, because I have one on order that I've been waiting on for some time, and I won't get it until the end of May - and I for **** sure want to have good tone from channel 4 when it does get in. Unfortunately, the only Roadster's I've heard have been from the generous folks who have posted recordings, and those do sound pretty good - at least to my ear.

stompboxfreak72 said:
Thats awfully kind of you fredster. I think I am 99.9% sure that I am going to return the Roadster this weekend. I'll contact you if something changes. Thank you!

No problemo - did you get your Roadie in the North Olmstead or Mayfield GC? That's cool that you're in Willoughby, that's where my mother and brother live. I'm in Mantua - lemme know if you ever wanna jam.. :)

KoolaidMan : you may very well love the Roadster. My opinion ( which means nothing ) is that the Roadster's clean sounds are a real upgrade. However, the dirty channels are not the same as the DR to my ears. They definetly have the Recto tone but there is a definite difference to me. The RD has less headroom also ( I think at least). I was pushing the *** end out of the amp at a gig last Saturday and I just could not get what I wanted. To make matters worse the amp went dead silent half way thru the second set and I had to hook up my DR.

My honest assesment : 1.) I have an amp that might be a lemon 2.) I do not use a Roadster cab which might effect the eq settings 3.) I have used a DR for 6 years and have become so accustomed to what it can do that I am resisting the change to a differnt sound.

Just don't expect the Roadster to be a DR with better cleans and Reverb. Its a different monster. Not better or worse...just different.

stompboxfreak72 said:
KoolaidMan : you may very well love the Roadster. My opinion ( which means nothing )...

dude, your opinion on this board has been an inspiration to me! i've been looking at your setup and your myspace page (not in a stalker way, but in an inspired way) and because of some of your posts, i am getting rid of the xpression rack unit and returning to pedals!

i'm even considering getting the TC dealy pedal you use in your FX loop. would love to one day just chat gear and get some insights how you get that awesome sound.

PJ

Back