Recto cab for Stiletto, what to expect!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poweredbysoul

Reaction score
I recently got a Stiletto Deuce Head. I've been running it thru a Lonestar 1/12 widebody cab, with a C90. This is on loan to me to see if I like it. I recently found a used 2/12 Recto cab for a good price. Do you guys recommend these with this amp? How does it compare to the Lonestar?
I know it has vintage 30's.

I bought my Deuce II new and got the Stiletto 2x12 with it. I later gravitated to the Recto 2x12 cabinet which I liked a little better. I think it’s a great fit. Actually, I bought a second one to stack with the first one for large or out door gigs. I don’t get to use the stack much though.
I wasn’t very happy with the V30 speakers at first and considered something more “Greenback” in design. After a lot of playing however the V30s got good and broken in and now sound great. Some day I still plan on trying some “Greenbacks”.

I think you are going to like the Recto.

I like the recto cabs better than the stieltto cabs. They just seem to have more of everything. But all V30's can be harsh with the stilettos. I would swap out one or both of the v30's for a hellatone or something.

a recto cab will sound killer with your head. I feel that the recto cab compliments the stiletto's extremely well. They are in my opinion the best cabs mesa makes as far as sounding BIG and BEEFY. As far as people saying the mesa's v 30's sounding ear peircing i personally like them and think they sound better and better the longer and louder they are played

Sorry, I meant to say hellatone 30(H30). My bad. but to answer your question yes, a Hellatone 60 is a well broken in V30.
Jak0lantern01 said:
Isn't a Hellatone just a well broken in V30?

hey Guys
Found a 2x12 Stiletto cab mint with cove couldn't passit up. I like the fact there over 10 lbs. lighter then the recto. I know you loose some bass reponse but if you heard my bass player's rig you would see and hear that I'd only be stepping on his toes!!! Also I'm not a fan of bloated bass guess why thats why I did the Stiletto. reminds me of an old Marshall head I had but better.
This cab is only 7 pounds lighter then my Lonestar wide body open back. So I'm sure the addition of an extra speaker and closed back will give me the push I need for small to med gigs, where micing the amp isn't an option.

Cool.
The Stiletto cab is a very good sounding compacted cabinet. I've had many good sounding nights with mine.
Probably why I still have it.

Good luck with yours and let us know how it works for you.

Mark

Anyone elevate them when jamming or at a gig? Just wondering how much it changes the low end response.

poweredbysoul said:
Anyone elevate them when jamming or at a gig? Just wondering how much it changes the low end response.

I would imagine that it would sound louder and much brighter since it is pointing at your upper body. However, not having it on the floor will reduce your bass response.

When I was a kid me and the other guitar player used to stack our 212 combos on milk crates to get them up 'where we could hear them'. Also, I think it made our amps seem more intimidating LOL. Looking back, all it really did was make our wimpy Peavey solid state combos sound even thinner and more harsh.

If your set on 212's, maybe consider stacking two of them a la Andy Timmons. That way one is coupled to the floor, and the other is more at upper body level.

Latest posts

Back