Recto cab came with blown speaker, new out of the box!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

negearth

Reaction score
Hey there folks, have you ever heard of a Mesa cab coming brand new out of the box with a blown speaker? The bottom speaker in my brand new Vertical Recto 2x12 cab is a-crackling away at low volume. :(

I really expected more from Mesa, considering I had to wait over 2 months for a $750 cab which was *supposedly* play-tested at the factory before being boxed up.

Any suggestions?

I've heard of this happening. Warranty is your first recourse. Maybe your dealer will do a swap for a 'good' speaker while you wait? I'd also guess that you won't wait long. The factory will ship a speaker the day you get them the word. Hard to take, but it will be worth it once it's all said and done.

Mesa was good about replacing my blown rectifier tube on my Stiletto, just make sure you've registered your product or have a good clear copy of your invoice to fax over to them.

There are a lot of things that could cause that crackling sound and they have nothing to do with a blown speaker. I would doubt that it is actually blown. My guess would be that something was knocked loose during shipping.

edgarallanpoe said:
There are a lot of things that could cause that crackling sound and they have nothing to do with a blown speaker. I would doubt that it is actually blown. My guess would be that something was knocked loose during shipping.

+1, I have my doubts it shipped with a blown speaker. I'd check it out thoroughly and assess what it is before assuming. Regardless of how well you pack things, when you put your gear in the hands of UPS/Fed Ex/USPS, anything is possible.

That cab is only $620, did you get a custom option or did you just get ripped off by the dealer?

If your speaker really is blown all you have to do is get a warranty replacement. This is annoying but not the end of the world ultimately. I would be surprised if the speaker really turns out to be bad.

phyrexia said:
That cab is only $620, did you get a custom option or did you just get ripped off by the dealer?

It's $669. Tax and shipping? About $750.

Latest posts

Back